For further assistance on restrictive measures, please consult the following additional resources:
Iran specific resources
- The EU Sanctions Tool-Iran - funded under the Partnership Instrument managed by the European Commission’s Service for Foreign Policy Instruments, provides EU SMEs with the possibility of conducting a preliminary self-assessment of their planned business projects in Iran, in order to determine whether these activities are illegitimate under EU restrictive measures (sanctions). The EU Sanctions Tool is independent of the Due Diligence Helpdesk on EU Sanctions and does not constitute a due diligence check.
- EU Q&A on Due Diligence on Restrictive Measures for EU Businesses dealing with Iran;
- EU JCPOA Information Note, concerning lifted and currently applicable sanctions as well as any exemptions and the necessary requisite authorisations regarding certain activities;
- EU information page and Q&A on the JCPOA Procurement Channel,
General information on EU restrictive measures
- EU Sanctions Map offering easily accessible information on all EU restrictive measures regimes currently in place; and
- EU Sanctions Guidelines.
* Please note that the implementation of EU restrictive measures is within the competence of EU Member States; EU operators are encouraged to contact the national competent authority (NCA) in their respective Member State for further assistance.