We would like to inform you that the Iran Trade Promotion Organization and the International Trade Centre (a UN agency) are launching, with the support of The European House-Ambrosetti and Bourse & Bazaar, the first Europe-Iran Business Forum, taking place as an online conference between 1-3 March 2021. The project is supported by the European Union.
Intended to strengthen political and economic ties between Europe and Iran, the Forum represents a flagship event for the European and Iranian business communities. The Forum will enable European and Iranian enterprises to exchange insights and expertise and to identify and engage potential business partner. Renewed dialogue and mutual trust will make bilateral economic relations more resilient to future shocks, while also paving the way for expanded trade and investment relations, particularly in light of the positive outcome of the US elections.
The Forum will be fully conducted on a bespoke online platform. The 3-day main programme features plenary sessions on economic and geopolitical issues, industry panels, and specific training courses. In order to maximize outcomes for all participants, several activities are scheduled to start two weeks before the main programme and will continue for one week afterwards. The programme includes:
- 8 Plenary Sessions, covering subjects of general interest in geopolitical and economic areas. These sessions will also introduce new European Commission initiatives such as the National Export Strategy (NES) project and the new Due Diligence Helpdesk that will support EU-Iran trading activities. Sessions will also highlight start-ups and digital innovation, including growth in e-commerce.
- 6 Industry Panels, in the form of presentations, examining priority sectors within the NES project—medicinal herbs, fruits and vegetables, tourism, ICT, petrochemicals and auto parts—and showcasing a selection of export-ready Iranian enterprises.
- 3 Capacity Building Courses dedicated to Iranian participants, mapping and developing managerial competences that are relevant within internationalisation processes.
- Unlimited Business Networking Slots, promoting interaction and engagement among participants by recreating the typical environment of a physical business gathering, to grow business connections between European and Iranian enterprises.
For further information about the Forum and to register for free, please visit the official website of the event.
- The Helpdesk will hold a presentation on 2 March between 9:45-10:30 CET